Senior Estimator – Civil
MCE are currently seeking an experienced Senior Civil Estimator/Project Manager with a strong background in civil construction to join our team.
We require a candidate that is suitably qualified, motivated, experienced, has a proven track record of winning medium – large scale civil construction projects and demonstrated experience of leading civil construction and tender teams.
Listed below are our requirements, note interested parties who feel that they meet most of these, please apply.
- Estimating of tenders using first principles of estimating
- Review Architectural and Engineering Drawings – Develop Scope of Works, Resource Requirements, Materials Costing & Construction Methodologies.
- Identify cost risks and opportunities with various tender submissions Leading the tender, offer & quotation creation and submission process
- Ensuring tenders, quotes and EOI’s are appropriately appraised & evaluated with competitive submissions prepared on time
- Win contracts by providing smart methodologies, strategies and identifying opportunities that can give us a differentiator from the competition
- Capturing and implementing opportunities to improve our Business Development capability
- Preparation and production of project costings
- Present and discuss costings with General Manager
- Post tender negotiations and contract review
- Sourcing supplier and sub-contractor quotes and availability
- Liaising with clients, consultants, sub-contractors, suppliers & stakeholders
- Calculation and production of work claims
- Develop, implement & maintain a schedule (program) of works
- Budget tracking of each project inclusive of sub-contractors, materials, labour & plant and production of reports
- Project Management of multiple projects with Project & Site Engineers and Site Supervisors reporting directly to you
- Implement and actively support company WHS, QA and Environmental Management Systems
- Training and development of team members
- Tertiary qualifications in Engineering/ Quantity Surveying/ Construction
- 5 to 7 years’ minimum experience in civil construction, estimating or project engineering in the civil construction industry in the Northern Territory
- On site experience as Civil Supervisor, Project Manager or Engineer
- Exposure and experience of the preparation of tenders up to $20 million
- Knowledge and extensive experience using estimating software such as Benchmark
- Broad understanding of civil construction industry practices
- Ability to run more than one multi-disciplined tender concurrently
- Excellent time management skills and ability to work to multiple deadlines simultaneously
- Demonstrable communication and interpersonal skills including the ability to develop and build strong client relationships
Future rewards for the successful candidate may include either bonuses or profit sharing and career progression opportunities all depending on suitability, drive, ambition etc.…