Daly St – Structure Demolition & Basement Excavation
Client: InSync Developments
MCE was awarded the contract to demolish the pre-existing old mechanical workshop and forecourt at the site and excavate basement of proposed new building.
Scope of works:
- Transport and recycling of demolition waste
- Removal of asbestos from the building
- Bulk excavation of 5,500 BCM (bank cubic metres) of earth
- Transportation of spoil to a pre-designated stockpile area
- Excavation of detailed basement floor pad footings
- Excavation of the lift shaft and pump station pits
- Excavation of drainage trenches and strip footings for pre-cast panels
- Cutting of concrete footpath to site boundary
- Drill and install 2 meter bolts to support the mesh for shotcrete
- Cut basement ramps on three levels.